Spring is here and there’s a rumour that summer is on the way. It is at this time that I want to thank our partners that make it possible for Bruce Peninsula Health Services Foundation raise the funds to help maintain quality healthcare close to home. In the year April 1, 2018 to March 31, 2019 the Foundation forwarded $633,330 to Grey Bruce Health Services to help purchase much needed capital equipment. Equipment that is not funded by our Provincial or Federal Governments. We were able to do this through the cooperation and hard work of our partners:
- Our staff; former Executive Director, Bev Boswell; our new Executive Director, April Patry; and our newest staff member, Administrative & Event Assistant, Catherine Anderson.
- Our Volunteers including those who sit on the Board of Directors, the many who solicit gifts and donations, those who help with events, and those who help sell tickets for our various fundraising activities.
- The Hospital Auxiliaries in Wiarton & Lion’s Head. In addition to assisting with patient care, the members of these two organizations raise significant funds which are funneled to GBHS through the Foundation.
- The other four foundations that help support GBHS. We are working more closely with them all the time, coordinating our fundraising efforts and learning from each other.
- And, most importantly, our donors. It is only through the support of our community that we can continue to raise the funds for our ever-increasing capital requirements. Thank you for your continued support!
Let’s all work together to make this year even more successful.