Code of Ethics
In October 1999, the Board of Directors developed and approved this Code of Ethics pertaining to Bruce Peninsula Health Services Foundation.
Our code states:
- Our donors are our prime concern and our first priority.
- Legally receiptable donations of $10.00 or more will receive a charitable tax receipt.
- All designated gifts are strictly allocated according to the donor's preference.
- All funds of B.P.H.S. Foundation are spent to benefit the peninsula's healthcare facilties and the people requiring them.
- B.P.H.S. Foundation is governed and managed solely by residents of the Bruce Peninsula.
- All financial records are audited annually by a recognized accounting firm and reports filed with the Charities Branch of Revenue Canada. Our annual reports are available to any donor upon request.
- Confidentiality is strictly adhered to in all matters. Donors names and the amount of specific donations are not released to the media without the prior approval of the donor.
- We do not solicit by telephone.
- We do not sell or give our donors lists to anyone. Neither will we buy or accept donors lists from any other charity or corporation.
- We do not have the right to tell you to give or to tell you how much your gift should be; but we do maintain the right to ask for your gift and to suggest various amounts and methods of giving.